venerdì 16 gennaio 2009

Styling RSS Feeds


Until I saw my main Blog from Italy site being featured, via an RSS feed, on the GlobalPost site, I did not really know that it was possible to style feeds.

Now I know that it can be done - as long as you know css and, use a plugin for Wordpress which can help you add the style information - just Google 'Feedstyler'.

Now my feed looks better, but not perfect. Need to develop my css skills!

Actually, looking at many of the sites I've subscribed to via Google Reader, it's surprising just how few bother to supply styled feeds - even some quite big names.

If you see all images pushed hard over to the left in your feed reader, then this means the feed is not being styled.

On the other hand, those using the Blogger platform who pop images in the centre of the page seem to get their images positioned in the same way in their feeds.

Wordpress developers take note: Please supply a 'feed.css' style sheet!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Have your say!